I’m guessing that you’re reading this because you’ve probably been out of the dating scene for quite some time. Life happens, and sometimes, we just lose track of time. Maybe you just got out of a relationship, or maybe you finally decided, after being super committed to your work, to finally find someone to share your life with. Whatever it is, I’m here to tell you that you are in the right place! And with a great pair of shoes, and your confidence, dating won’t be as hard as it seems.
1. To find the man of your dreams, be the girl of his dreams. Before you start dating, make sure you’re ready to date. How do you know that you’re ready to date? Well, it’s easy. Are you settled? Do you feel stable? Are you in a good place in your life right now, or are you just looking for a distraction? Are you confident in yourself and in what you do? Or are you confused about your direction? Are you insecure about yourself?
The best way to start dating is to be free of baggage. That way, your mind is clear and rid of distractions, and you’ll be able to actually have fun through this process.
2. Keep calm. If you’re settled and ready to date, the next step is to take a few deep breaths and keep calm. If you haven’t been in the dating world in a while, it’s understandable if you’re feeling a bit anxious, but the best way to go about this is not to overthink. Dating should be fun, and your nerves might get in the way of an enjoyable experience.
Plus, when you panic, your nervous energy may affect the way you choose someone, and the way the date goes, too. The more relaxed you are, the easier the date will flow.
3. It’s okay to date someone you found online. Today, the world is online! Aren’t you online right now? I’m sure it’s close to impossible for you to even think of someone who doesn’t have a Facebook or an Instagram account, right?
Today, so many people date online. It’s normal, and it’s okay! It’s actually quite fun. Dating online helps you widen your circle, and allows you to meet people you would never have met otherwise. You’ll even be able to see photos, qualities, interests and hobbies, so you’ll know if you have things to talk about with him on an actual date.
Go ahead and take the first step: install that dating app, and create a profile! It’s totally easy, and most of them are free. There are also many reputable sites that people use to actually date (not just hook up), so just Google it, and I’m sure you’ll find something there.
4. Don’t overthink. So you finally bagged yourself a date. He’s handsome, charming, and really intelligent. Now, the worst thing you can do is to overthink every. single. Thing! Just relax and take it easy. You don’t have to fuss too much about what you’re wearing, or what conversation topics to bring up. Let the date surprise you, and learn to let go of the nerves.
5. Say YES to a blind date! If you’ve been out of the dating scene for quite a while now, I’m sure your friends have been nagging you to go out with Bill, or with George, or with Thomas for the past few years. Now that you’re ready to date, why don’t you actually try and say yes to one (or all!) of these dates?
Blind dates are sometimes the beginnings of beautiful relationships, so take the plunge and go for it. Dating is risky business, but the rewards are oh-so sweet.
6. Dating takes practice. Did your first date go horribly? Did you stutter and lose your words? Were you super shy? It’s okay. That’s understandable. Believe it or not, dating is a skill, and it takes practice. Go on more dates and you’ll find yourself having an easier time each time you go out. Which is why…
7. It’s okay to date multiple people at a time. Today, it’s totally okay to see a couple of guys at the same time. This should work to your advantage because it’ll give you exposure to more people! You should try to go out with a couple of guys to see which one clicks with you the best. Anyhow, reality is, they’re probably dating a couple of girls too.
8. Finally, strut it, sister! Lastly, just be YOU! The best thing you can offer your date is your honesty and your true, authentic self. It cuts the BS of dating by a whole lot if you are real. Don’t try to pretend to be someone you’re not — pretense is usually detectable!
So there you have it, ladies! I hope this gives you a boost in your confidence to get back into the dating world. It may seem daunting at first, but I assure you, it’ll be worth it!